Julie Andrews & Dick Van Dyke
Mary Poppins Premiere - Saving Mr. Banks Premiere
Instead of waking up and asking why, try waking up and saying thanks! Every day is a gift, even if it doesn’t always feel like it.
"thats actually a pretty shitty idea but thanks for trying"
me in every group project (via aequih)
Buy a copy of Just Little Things as a gift for this holiday season! Remind loved ones of all the simple pleasures in life and bring a smile to their face.
When did it change from “shit, it’s 10pm I need to finish that essay that’s due tomorrow NOW NOW NOW’ to “oh thank god, it’s only 10pm, I’ve got plenty of time”
it’s almost 2014 and the mobile tumblr app is still a piece of shit
"Here is how the internship scam works. It’s not about a “skills” gap. It’s about a morality gap.
1) Make higher education worthless by redefining “skill” as a specific corporate contribution. Tell young people they have no skills.
2) With “skill” irrelevant, require experience. Make internship sole path to experience. Make internships unpaid, locking out all but rich.
3) End on the job training for entry level jobs. Educated told skills are irrelevant. Uneducated told they have no way to obtain skills.
4) As wealthy progress on professional career path, middle and lower class youth take service jobs to pay off massive educational debt.
5) Make these part-time jobs not “count” on resume. Hire on prestige, not skill or education. Punish those who need to work to survive.
6) Punish young people who never found any kind of work the hardest. Make them untouchables — unhireable.
7) Tell wealthy people they are “privileged” to be working 40 hrs/week for free. Don’t tell them what kind of “privileged” it is.
8) Make status quo commentary written by unpaid interns or people hiring unpaid interns. They will tell you it’s your fault.
9) Young people, it is not your fault. Speak out. Fight back. Bankrupt the prestige economy."